Recently my Homeright paint sprayer broke down in the middle of a project, which caused a little bit of a scramble to finish. I have to say it has been a very reliable sprayer and great results for various projects. But it is fairly expensive and I needed something quick, so I ordered the HVLP […]
For this project I had some scrap wood from another project that would make a perfect base. So I used its dimensions for the length and width.
I simply used 2×2’s for the rest of the frame. I kept the height around 12 inches that way there would be enough room for good root growth for whatever may be planted.
I had already cut up several pallets and measured the distance from the top rim of the planter to just along the bottom run, which was just over 12 inches.
Then I cut all the pallet boards to that length and used a nail gun and glue to attach each board around the outside of the frame.
The client that I was making this order for did not want the rough look of the pallet wood for their purpose. So they request it to be sanded.
I used an angle grinder and a sanding disc to make short work of what could have been many hours of sanding.
She was very happy with the final product.