Hello all.. Its Saturday Feb 13th the day before Valentines Day and I’ve been very very busy building for spring.. The orders pile up quickly. I’m making raised garden beds. But I’m making from reclaimed CLEAN pallets. Its not hard to find the clean ones just ask the businesses that your look at. They will […]
Hello this is my experience with using Vellum paper for decoupage.
I’m open to experimenting with using different techniques for decoupage. Some techniques trun out better than others.
When i posted some decoupage work i’ve done on Instagram a fellow diy blogger suggested that i should try Vellum paper.
I ordered a 50 sheet pack from Amazon.ca
Even though I use amazon frequently I don’t have a affiliate account with them at this time.
This paper is not cheap, so use it when you absolutely need to. $24.22
As with any other image transfer in decoupage you need a laser printer. Inkjet printers do not work.
Its the toner in these printers that makes it possible to transfer images. Its always important to make some test prints so you know how to print and apply your images to your project.
I did a couple tests with a couple of images.
My first test was a color graphic. The print turned out sharp as i hoped. You can clearly see how it looks on the left image.
The right hand image is after i cut around the graphic so i could apply it on my work piece. I didn’t want anything to over lap the board separation.
I applied mod-podge to each piece of the graphic individually. DO NOT apply too much the paper will buckle causing creases.
Apply it quickly and smooth it out as quickly as possible to your work piece because it seems to set faster than regular paper. Don’t stress too much if you do see alot of creases, they will flatten out as the mod-podge dries.
The translucent paper will also become clear, becoming almost completely transparent.
This was my next test with another graphic. It turned out just like the first one except i left it as a full sheet. As with my first test the paper became almost transparent and flattened out when the mod-podge dried completely.
There are some things you have to watch for.
The image may smug while printing. If it does you’ll have to print a couple of images to clear the toner on the drums. Other than that, Ive been pleased with the results so far.
Here you can see the black graphic images printed sharp, while the color photos did smug. I’m going to try to print just a photo image next and not try to mix a graphic image with a photo image.